1. Material: Do not choose all plastic (pvc).
This type of faucet is generally simple in craftsmanship, quality cannot be guaranteed, and is not suitable for long-term use at home.
Now, copper faucet and stainless steel faucet are popular choices in the market, and the materials are very good. Compared with steel, copper forged metal has better fluidity and is not easy to oxidize. Copper itself has natural antibacterial properties and is more suitable for making faucets than other raw materials.
The best stainless steel faucet uses 304 stainless steel, which is safer, healthier and more durable for consumers.
2. Spool: Choose ceramic spool or steel ball spool.
Most of the faucets in the mall are ceramic. On the one hand, ceramics have excellent wear resistance; on the other hand, the cost of ceramics is relatively low.
The ceramic valve core has good sealing performance, and the switch feels more comfortable and smooth. At present, the number of openings of high-end ceramic valve cores can reach 500,000 times, but the disadvantage is that it is easy to break.
In addition to the ceramic valve core, there is also a steel ball valve core. The main advantage of this kind of spool is its good compression resistance. The disadvantage is that the sealing rubber ring is easy to wear and will quickly age, and the steel ball spool has a short service life.
3. Bubbler: Bring a bubbler.
A good faucet is generally equipped with a bubbler, whose function is to make the water flow soft and comfortable, without splashing, and effectively save water. Therefore, try to choose a faucet with a bubbler when buying.
4. Weight: The heavier the weight, the better.
Although weight is not equal to quality, in most cases, the heavier the faucet, the better the quality.
When choosing a faucet, pick up the faucet and feel its weight. If it is too light, it means that the product is cutting corners in order to save costs in the production process.
5. Surface: Pay attention to surface treatment.
The faucet is basically treated with surface technology. Copper is generally polished and electroplated, and stainless steel is generally polished and wire-drawn. Attention should be paid to whether there are burrs, pores, corrosion and oxidation spots.
If the surface is electroplated, you should also feel the thickness of the coating and the mirror effect of the electroplating. If the electroplating is good, the surface is like a mirror.
6. Turn the handle: open and close freely.
Gently turn the handle of the faucet, you should feel that there is no gap between the faucet and the handle. With proper resistance, you can open and close freely, but it will not slip.
On heavy metal pollution.
Forging faucets with copper needs to add a small amount of lead to improve the cutting function of brass, which is a technical need and inevitable. Even if the business advertises that their faucets are lead-free, they are not completely lead-free, but the lead separation value meets the national standard, that is, no more than 5μg/L..
The raw material of stainless steel faucet does not contain lead, but it also easily contains harmful substances such as chromium.
Some measures can be taken to reduce the risk of heavy metal contamination of faucets.
1. When the faucet has been stopped for more than a period of time, be sure to turn on the faucet and rinse for two to three minutes before using it. Because the heavy metal content in the water is very high at this time.
2. Many households now have hot water supply, but it is best not to use it for drinking water or cooking, because the content of heavy metals in hot water is many times higher than that in cold water.
3. Families with conditions can choose to install a household water purifier with heavy metal removal function, which can effectively remove heavy metals and ensure water safety.